Sunday 12 April 2015

What I Got For My Birthday | 2015

So exactly a week ago was my birthday and I was lucky enough to have it on the same day as Easter. I love chocolate so much that this was probably the best coincidence in my life (no shame in being a choco addict) and I practically spent the whole day eating my Easter eggs and feeling like a princess (which is why I didn't upload a post last week). I thought I would share with you some of the things I got from my friends, family and even little treats I bought for myself a few days afterwards so that I could relive the day. (DISCLAIMER: I'm not trying to brag or show off in any way, this is simply my way of saying thank you again to my friends & family. I also wanted to relive the day and take pretty pictures. :) )


BOOKS:
I'm a bookworm, always have been and always will be, so an easy present to get me will always be a book. This year I got three, Dash and Lily's Book of Dares from my friend who just adores this author, The Girl who Saved the King of Sweden and ASAPScience's new book  Asapscience: Answers to the World S Weirdest Questions, Most Persistent Rumors, and Unexplained Phenomena (which is probably the longest title EVER). I've already started reading The Girl who Saved the King of Sweden and I'm in love with the author's style of writing. There's a possibility I'll review this for next month's The Bookshelf so be prepared!
Isn't this bookmark so pretty?
Homeware:
If you know me at all, you'll know that I am a sucker for all things homeware. So when I opened the gift from my chummy you can only imagine my excitement. In it, there were two bowls from Anthropologie (living life on the edge, I know) which I actually mentioned in this post and an Anthropologie mug with my initial on it. I've been wanting this mug for sooo long and I'm actually so so happy I've got it now. Going along with this strange theme of mugs we've got going here, my other best friend (allmyfriendsmentionedherearemybestfriendsokay) got me this Disney mug of Jack Skellington from The Nightmare Before Christmas, which is possibly one of my favourite Halloween movies. It's safe to say that my breakfasts are 100% more Instagram-able.
When I went to Primark a few days after my birthday, I happened to see, and fall in love with, their new Spring / Summer home decor section. I'd spent the majority of my money in Lush (haul to come soon ;) ) but I had just enough money for this adorable flamingo pillow. I just think the colours are perfect for summer and I can't wait till I get a matching white / pineapple pillow! Me and my friend also named it Patrick, #dontjudge.
Had to add some colour here hehe
Hello there Patrick
 Talking about Lush, I also received these two limited edition Easter lush products, Hoppity Poppity and Golden Egg. I'll give more info on what they smell like etc. in my Lush haul but for now you can simply admire the beauty that is free Lush stuff. (And I got their catalogue, which they ever so kindly forgot to give me last time I was there *cough cough*)
Hoppity Poppity & Golden Egg
  
 My sister got me this bag from New Look and, it feels like I've said this way too much so far, but I think I'm in love with it. It has a rose quilted design on the "lid" (what's the word for it again?) with gold metal accents on the corners and chains. The chain is adjustable so you can have two short straps or one long one to go over your shoulder. It's quite cheap for a decent sized handbag and this pastel blue might just be my favourite colour at the moment.
  
Some other knick knacks
Aren't my friends the cutest?
 
Aren't my friends the cutest?

I had an amazing day last Sunday and I hope you had a good Easter too. :)
Natalie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment