Thursday 18 June 2015

Wreck This Journal

I recently rediscovered my Wreck This Journal (by Keri Smith) that I had last year. I had to start one again (because of a certain mouldy situation...) so this hadn't been filled in very much.

If you don't know what a Wreck This Journal is, it's an activity book where, on each page, there is an instruction telling you to do something which will destroy the page or whole book to some degree. Its slogan is 'To create is to destroy' and it's meant to really "free" your inner creativeness. Some people make every page look absolutely amazing but, unfortunately, I'm (*cough*) not the most artistically gifted person in the world so I'm much more of a wrecking person.

Anyway, as you saw on my summer bucket list, I really want to complete more of the book and maybe even finish it in the holidays. I thought I'd keep you updated every once in a while to inspire you, hopefully, and also to encourage myself to do more! For now, I'll show a few pages that I have completed, or half-completed.

 

Hopefully, I'll finish enough pages to keep this mini series going, so watch out for update posts! Comment below if you like this idea, if you have one or even if you don't and what you think - I'd love to hear (read?) your thoughts too!
Natalie xx

3 comments:

  1. Lovee this book! and dude yours looks AWESOME! It's so original and creative! Plus your drawings actually look reallyyyy good,like dude. WHAT. ;P xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! I've barely done anything yet and no, I'm the least creative person EVER! (Sorry for the late reply btw) xx

      Delete
    2. No worries! hahah,and nah that's awesome! Means ya still have a lot to do!! anddd you're definitely not that! XD ;P

      Don't worry about it lovely xoxo

      Delete